Cleans and polishes floors and furniture,
restoring, revitalizing and leaving a shine.
SC Johnson® Paste Wax deep-cleans a variety of surfaces, including wood furniture, hardwood floors and metal, leather, plastic, cork and vinyl surfaces. Its original blend of hard-finish waxes produces a rich, satiny luster. It's excellent for helping to revitalize antique furniture and for cleaning and revitalizing wood floors. This product is safe to use on:
Cork Floors (Sealed)
Damaged & Worn Wood
Select a Scent you'd like to review.
SC Johnson® Paste Wax is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5
from Good old dependable high performing paste wax The first time I used SC Johnson paste wax on a wood floor was in a genuine tenement 34 years ago. My studio apartment was what had been many years before the front parlor of a 19th century row house. The oak floor had not known any kind of floor finish for decades. After scrubbing the floor for a week with hot water, detergent and bleach, it was finally clean. I then spent the next 8 days adding a layer of paste wax to half of the floor and buffing it up. At the end of those 8 days, I had a floor that boasted of its glory days as a home in what was 100 years earlier, the most stylish part of the city. (I did this using nothing but rags, elbow grease, and youthful enthusiasm.) Thirty-four years later, I am happy to use the available equipment to buff out the floor, but I still grab for Johnson's Paste Wax first to apply a finish to a bare wood floor. I never varnish my wood floors. Rather, I seal them and then apply four to six coats of paste wax, buffing in between. (the higher the traffic, the more coats) With routine cleaning, the finish lasts about two years and then it only takes about half a day to renew the wax finish. The result is much warmer and pleasant looking, I think, than a varnished floor. Better still, the floor is ready to be used again before the day is over & there is no danger of free floating dust and lint particles marring the finish.
Date published: 2014-08-26
SC Johnson® Paste Wax provides lasting beauty and protection for all wood, metal, leather, plastic, cork and vinyl surfaces.
- Clean surface of heavy dirt and sticky spots. Use a solvent-based cleaner for floors; use mild soap and water for furniture.
- Apply a thin, even coat of wax, working with the grain.
- Allow to dry to a haze, then buff with soft cloth. For floors, wait 20–30 minutes before buffing with electric polisher.
- On recently sealed surfaces, check instructions of finishing manufacturer as to length of time required to wait before waxing.
- On light vinyl, test small area first to avoid staining or discoloration.
- Do not use on rubber or asphalt tile.