Deep-cleans your wood floors and
leaves a beautiful, long-lasting shine.
SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax offers long-lasting shine and protection on wood floors. It’s more than just a floor wax—it deep-cleans by lifting away dirt and heel marks, leaving wood floors with a rich, luxurious finish without buffing. This trusted floor care product is safe to use on:
Wood Floors (Sealed)
Cork Floors (Sealed)
Select a Scent you'd like to review.
SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5
from beautiful floors! I have been using the One Step floor wax on my hardwood since I moved into my new house in 1985, and people are still asking me how I keep my wood floor looking like new. I have never had to refinish my floors, this wax is the best.
Date published: 2014-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5
from Beautiful shine I have used about every wax on the market, and remembered my mom used this wax on her floor when i was a kid. It made an ever lasting impression then, and it still does
Date published: 2014-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5
from sc Johnson One step Very very good, i use it all the time when i wax my floors.
Date published: 2014-12-18
Rated 5 out of 5
from Great for quick and lasting shine! I've been using this for a few years now, and would recommend it to anyone looking for something easy-to-use. It takes about an hour to coat 400sq ft of flooring including cleaning the floor beforehand in the event of deeply deposited dirt, or about a half hour with a few quick passes with a dust mop for prep. Those figures include setting up and tearing down. For slightly dirty floors, this will clean the dirt right up, but until you know how much dirt it can clean, for a first-timer, it's best to clean the floor as much as possible before using this product. In the event the floor was extremely dirty on application and there is still dirt embedded under the wax, a second coat can strip the first coat and allow you to get most of the dirt out, which is a plus.In my experience, the best and easiest way to apply is to pour some in a paint roller tray, and use that to saturate a mop, then blot the mop against the tray (after more than a few passes, you may get a few pebbles you missed, and this is great for knocking them off of the mop). This stuff is kind of like paint - you don't want too much, and you don't want too little, so the paint tray helps with getting just the right amount. You want to keep the mop gliding wet on the floor, but not soaking the floor with a trailing puddle of the stuff. Thinner coats are definitely better for this (thinner and more, like rolling paint on a wall, 2 thin coats is better than one thick coat!)It smells strongly of naptha during application, opening of windows is recommended, and if any of it makes contact with an unintended surface and dries, it'll be there for a while (try to pour from the bottle to the bucket on the floor you're going to coat - if you use a table or a countertop and get some drops on and they dry, have fun getting this stuff off, it is extremely durable, for better or for worse. Also, try not to pour any excess down the drain or in the toilet when done, as it'll make a really durable film.It really provides a lasting shine - the last time I used this was 3 months ago, and the floors look immaculate considering!
Date published: 2015-05-09
SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax offers fine floor care that leaves wood floors with a rich, luxurious satin finish.
- SWEEP or vacuum up loose dirt.
- SHAKE well before using.
- POUR small pool of product onto floor.
- SPREAD evenly with a clean cloth or wax applicator. (Do not use a sponge or sponge mop.) Keep cloth or applicator well saturated. Use just enough rubbing action to loosen dirt.
- FINISH with smooth, even strokes in one direction. Use the product liberally so that the floor appears uniformly wet.
- LET DRY. The floor will dry to a deep, rich shine in 20–30 minutes. There is no need for buffing.
- WASH APPLICATOR in a pail of detergent solution.
First Waxing Only:
SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax and buffing waxes don't go together. Test a small area in a corner. Apply SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax as directed. If it dries dull, then the floor has a layer of old wax which must be removed as follows:
- Wash a small area with a liberal amount of SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax using a clean, dry cloth.
- Wipe dry immediately with a clean, dry cloth. Change cloths often to ensure complete pick-up of the old wax.
- After the old wax is removed from the entire floor, apply SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax as directed above.
- Check manufacturing instructions before waxing newly laid or recently sealed wood floors.
- If your floor is worn or porous, additional applications of SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax may be necessary.
- Never use detergents or water on wood floors.
- Do not use on asphalt tiles.
CAUTION: This product can be an eye irritant. Avoid eye contact. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water for 20 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Do not mix with bleach-containing products, as hazardous fumes may result. If this occurs, leave the room immediately and get fresh air.